The Wealth-X Billionaire Census 2017
The fourth edition of this market-leading report offers a comprehensive study of developments across the global billionaire population. The Billionaire Census considers regional trends and changes in individuals’ net worth, and provides a breakdown of billionaires’ asset holdings, gender, industry focus and source of wealth.
Among numerous key findings, the Wealth-X Billionaire Census 2017 reveals and explores:
- An overview of the global billionaire population
- A decline in billionaire population and wealth
- Significant shifts in regional wealth
- The Americas lead the way as Asia-Pacific struggles
- The volatile nature of extreme wealth creation and preservation
- New York and San Francisco are among the most popular billionaire cities
- The technology sector’s impact on billionaire wealth
New for 2017, the Wealth-X Billionaire Census showcases the similarities and differences of four archetypal billionaire groups based on age, gender, geography, wealth source and asset holdings:
- Billionaires who attended Harvard University
- Tech industry billionaires
- Billionaires who inherited their wealth
- Chinese billionaires
These archetypes personify the data findings in the report, by highlighting the variety of channels through which 10-figure fortunes can be created, and revealing contrasting trends across the billionaire population.
Download the 2017 Billionaire Census below to reveal all its findings and additional insights:
For current Wealth-X clients interested in the Billionaire Census 2017, you may download it from your Exclusive Content area (login required) or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Table of Contents: Billionaire Census 2017
- Executive Summary – 1
- Introduction – 3
- Global Billionaire Map – 4
- Billionaires In 2016: Rising Risk And Falling Returns – 6
- Billionaire Wealth Tiers – 10
- Looking Ahead: Four Issues For Billionaires To Consider In 2017 And Beyond – 13
- Top 30 Billionaire Countries – 18
- Top 30 Billionaire Cities – 20
- Today’s Billionaires: Asset Holdings, Industry, Gender And Wealth Source – 22
- Billionaire Archetypes – 27
- Billionaire Events Calendar – 30
- Methodology – 33
- About Wealth-X – 33
The resources below were extracted from the full version of the Billionaire Census 2017 and are available as a sneak peek:
- 2017 Billionaire Social Calendar Spring & Summer – providing insight into some of this year’s most popular high net worth events.
- Understanding the Tech Billionaire Archetype – Winston Chesterfield, Director of Custom Research at Wealth-X provides an overview of the world’s billionaire population, focusing on the volatile nature of extreme wealth and the rising importance of tech.
- UHNWI Insights: The Harvard Billionaire Archetype – To better understand how Harvard billionaires compare to their non-Harvard peers, Wealth-X created an archetype that uncovers the typical Harvard billionaire’s average wealth, liquidity, gender, age, nationality, and source of wealth.
- The World Ultra Wealth Report 2017 – The fifth edition of this flagship report analyses the state of the world’s ultra high net worth (UHNW) population, or those with $30m or more in net worth, and this year revealed global growth of 3.5% to 226,450 individuals and a 1.5% increase of their total combined wealth to $27 trillion.