Wealth-X Launches the First World Ultra Wealth Report
Study Counts World’s Super Rich One-by-One and Finds Fortunes of Ultra Affluent at $25 trillion USD.
10 November 2011, Singapore/ Guangzhou / Mumbai / Lugano / New York / London / Sydney – Wealth-X, the global intelligence, prospecting and wealth diligence company, today released the World Ultra Wealth Report 2011, offering a groundbreaking one-by-one analysis of Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) individuals worldwide.
The report, whose method has never been employed by other firms, provides a comprehensive distribution on the number of super rich by region and country, based on intelligence gathered by Wealth X – the Little Black Book of UHNW individuals. The in-depth study examines markets by country, wealth-tier, and more, uncovering exciting opportunities within the segment. UHNW are defined by individuals with a net worth of at least US$30 million.
Key findings of this unique analysis include the following:
• Wealth-X estimates there are 185,795 UHNW individuals globally, with a total net worth of US$25 trillion.
• North America is home to 62,960 UHNW individuals, and constitutes the largest concentration of UHNW wealth in the world. This region accounts for nearly 33% of the total $25 trillion held by the world’s UHNW segment.
• Europe currently has the second largest population of UHNW individuals. The region’s 54,325 UHNW individuals have a collective fortune of $6.8 trillion.
• Wealth-X forecasts that the UHNW population in Asia-Pacific will surpass that of Europe in 2024 and overtake that of the U.S. in 2032.
• Asia-Pacific, with its 42,525 UHNW individuals, represents $6.2 trillion.
• While the Latin American UHNW has captured considerable attention, its 15,100 UHNW individuals with $2.3 trillion in assets represent roughly a third of the Asian market.
• Wealth-X estimates there are 1,235 billionaires globally, with a combined net worth of $4.18 trillion. 2.5% of the total UHNW population around the world are worth $500 million and above, and they control 25% of the total fortunes of the super rich.
The World Ultra Wealth Report was launched by David Leppan, Wealth-X Chairman, and Mykolas Rambus, Wealth-X CEO, at a press conference in Geneva, Switzerland today. Messrs. Leppan and Rambus will also be meeting with professionals from the wealth industry in Zurich and Lugano today and tomorrow.
The Reference Report for Professionals Focused on UHNW
The intelligence presented in the study will enhance prospect research and highlight pockets of opportunities for private wealth managers, not-for-profits and luxury brands to seek, including the UHNW market in China, India, Indonesia, Qatar, Egypt and Russia.
“Once again, the world’s only Little Black Book of the UHNW has delivered tremendous value by issuing this report, which shall serve as a reference for professionals from the private wealth management sector, leading luxury brands and not-for-profit organizations who already work with the affluent community or wish to enter this market.” said Mr Leppan.
“There are many studies out there done on the affluent but this report is the first-ever study on the Ultra Wealthy around the world that counts them one-by-one, captures the total net worth as well as the number of such individuals,” said Mr Rambus. “Our report maps exactly where the biggest money is located and just how much there is.”
For a copy of the report, or for more information, please visit:
Wealth-X provides its members with qualified prospects and intelligence on ultra high net worth (UHNW) individuals, along with the privately held-companies they control. We work with 7 of the top 10 global private banks, leading educational institutions, not-for-profits and luxury brands. Our firm’s online business development solution profiles individuals who represent US$ 10.7 trillion of the world’s net wealth. Wealth-X offers exclusive details on ultra wealthy individuals, including their wealth, income, passions, philanthropic interests, affiliations, politics, advisors, families and biographies. Wealth-X is the global leader on UHNW individuals and the worldwide standard for professionals working with the ultra affluent. Headquartered in Singapore, Wealth-X has offices in New York, Guangzhou, Mumbai, Lugano, Sydney and London. For more information, visit www.wealthx.com.
For Press Inquiries, please contact: